“Do your kegels!”
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?
If you’re pregnant or have had a baby, you’ve likely been told to do your kegels. But, how are you supposed to actually do your kegels?
Kegels aren’t for everyone. And, they definitely need to be done correctly to have positive effects. In this article (originally published by Girls Gone Strong), I coach you through the proper way to do kegels and who benefits from them.
To do kegels correctly, you need to know:
• My Ready, Set, Go approach to doing kegels the right way.
• How to release tension and gain tension in the pelvic floor (extremely important).
• Who needs to practice kegels, who doesn’t, and how often to do them (hint: not hundreds of reps per day).
• What the Core + Floor Connection is (= new age kegel-ing).
• The best Core + Floor Connection Cues to help you do your kegels the right way.
Read the full article here and let me know if you have any questions on if kegels are right for YOU.
Ps. If you liked and learned from this article, be sure to check out my 8-week core and pelvic floor training program for pregnancy and post pregnancy, Core + Floor Restore.